Wednesday 2 February 2022

"Don't mention the word 'imminent': I used it once but I think I got away with it..."

Is the Moloch losing his nerve? WW III called off?

The US government is no longer using the word ‘imminent’ in its narrative around the alleged Russian ‘invasion’ of Ukraine, White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki told reporters, on Wednesday, explaining that it was sending an unintended message.

I used it once. I think others have used that once, and we stopped using it because I think it sent a message that we weren't intending to send, which was that we knew that President Putin had made a decision,” Psaki said at a press briefing.

I would say the vast majority of times I've talked about it, I've said he could invade ‘at any time,’” she added.

Oh Jen, Jen, Jen...

Bring back Sean Spicer (please? Pretty please?)

2 comments: